World Book OnlineAccess a world of learning.
What is World Book Online?
The World Book Encyclopedia has a hundred-year history of excellence in providing accurate, objective, and reliable information. World Book articles are contributed to by a team of over 3,700 scholars and internationally recognized experts, with a rigorous fact-checking process.
In addition to tens of thousands of encyclopedic articles, World Book Online includes:
- Hundreds of thousands of primary sources including Back in Time articles, special reports, literary criticism, and U.S. Presidential papers and Supreme Court cases.
- Research tools including dictionary, atlas, local and country resource guides, and individual research accounts
- Links to hundreds of newspapers from around the world
- Up-to-the-minute news from around the world
- Thousands of images, links to editor-selected websites, and periodical articles
- More than 10,000 sounds and pronunciations
- An online book archive